30 June 2010

Chapter 9 A/N: Extended version

In my quest to reduce my really long A/Ns I've decided to put all that extra talk on the blog. That way I can say as much as I want without taking up space in the actual story on ffnet.

Snakeroot- Bet you thought I made that up, but it’s a real plant. I've based the idea of it being used as a snake venom antidote becasue I read about the Indian Snakeroot which was used in ancient times as a treatment. It seems to grow in a variety of places in different variations, so it's not too farfetched to have it in Konoha/elemental countries.

Azalea plant- Ahh, I wanted to find a japanese plant that had some nice non romantic meaning. It was really luck that let me find this plant. IT just seemed so perfect. And it looked really pretty. Of course I used the western flower language for the symbolic meaning.

Naras- What can I say? They're fun to write- they're so unpredictable with their intelligence. You never know if they're being nice or waiting for a chance to get you thrown in prison.

Politics- I really had no idea how to deal with it. I just hope I managed to do a good job with it. It went according to my own plan, but I wonder if it makes sense to people.

Chapter 9 omake- Rejected writing (too silly to keep in the actual chapter)

"Kotetsu, there's someone following me, like a creepy someone. I think Danzo may be trying to kill me because I made a wise crack about his one eye"
"Oh, that's just your Anbu watcher..."
"huh?"
"You know to make sure you're not a spy or anything."
"Were you supposed to tell me that?"
"I thought it was obvious."
Harry turned back and glanced at the empty space where he knew his watcher was. "Well, he/ she is very, very good at hiding." Harry said loudly and pointedly. Then he leaned down and whipered to Kotetsu, "So uh, do they watch me sleep?"
"Probably"
"That’s so creepy" Harry shuddered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tsunade looked at the results in her hands in absolute disbelief. Naruto had living family. She cleared her throat and looked at the expectant faces before her.
Words failed her so she just nodded. Her doubts vanished as she watched Naruto jump in the air with a joyful scream and then proceed to hug his newly found cousin who seemed lost in some memory.
“Harii” Naruto squealed after yet another flamboyant hug.
Sakura and Shizune stood to the side with smiles on their faces from Naruto’s enthusiasm. Kakashi had taken out his book once more and proceeded to pretend he didn’t know what was going on in the room around him.
“Well it looks like you’ll have to be taken off active duty” Tsunade said. Both boys turned towards her incredulously. Before Naruto could scream she headed him off. “So that you can learn about your relative…”
She was surprised when the black haired boy intervened in a polite tone, “uh, mam, that isn’t necessary, I don’t want to impose on him or anything. I could just hang out with him when he’s free…” he stopped as he looked into her eyes.
He suddenly fiddled with his fringe. But that was enough for Naruto to speak, “well he can come watch me train. My super cool training.”
As Naruto continued to talk, Tsunade noticed the fond look that Harry seemed to get as he stared at the blond boy.
“Enough” tsunade interrupted with a punch. Harry immediately rushed to his cousin in concern even as he looked at the Hokage in awe and fear.

That last one just makes me cringe and laugh and the same time for some reason!

Polar.

1 comment:

  1. Harry turned back and glanced at the empty space where he knew his watcher was. "Well, he/ she is very, very good at hiding." Harry said loudly and pointedly.

    (Laughed. So. hard.)

    ReplyDelete