25 October 2016

There's Something about Neji (Part 2)

Still struggling with a lack of free time for fanfiction, but I had a flash of inspiration to do some snapshots for this verse- which, in case you haven't read, is my take on the question “If AtO had any romance and Harry ended up with a male, who would it be?"

Here's Part 1. Beware of this post being unedited. 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1.
“I didn't even realize I was drinking so much,” Harry groaned.
“Maybe he hasn't heard about it.” Shikamaru said, as he puffed on his cigarette.
“You heard about it and you weren't even in Konoha,” Harry pointed out with a vicious glare. “The HyĆ«ga keep looking at me like I'm about to...”
“Spout more about how Neji is too good for them and they don't deserve him?”

2.
“Oh no,” Harry said. “You've heard.”
Neji stared at him for a long moment, his stern lilac eyes unwavering and intense. “I'm not a girl.”
“I know that,” Harry said in confusion.
“You kept telling everyone that I'm pretty.”
“What? No.” Harry frowned in dismay. “I'm sure I've only ever described you as beautiful.”
Neji walked way without a word.

3.
“Surely, you'd want children,” Neji pointed out when they crossed paths for the third time.
Harry blinked, distracted by Neji's hair and said, “You want kids?”
“You don't?” Neji asked with narrowed eyes.
“I never really thought about it. I always just imagine us travelling or something and... uh, I mean,” Harry backtracked, desperately searching for something else to say.
“Travelling?” Neji asked after a long moment, his eyes fixed on Harry with a strange intensity. “You imagined us travelling?”
“Not that I'm saying that we'd need to travel or anything like that. I'd be fine with just staying...”
“Where?” Neji interrupted him. “Where did you imagine us travelling?”
Harry figured that he had already embarrassed himself and there was no way he could make the situation any worse that it was. “I thought I'd show you Redpool.”

4.
“Things were so much easier when I just saw him from afar,” Harry said. “Before we actually interacted with each other.”
“When you were being a lovesick fool, you mean?” Shikamaru asked as he puffed his cigarette.
“Now he talks and I just can't say anything right and he just walks away all the time.”
Shikamaru puffed on his cigarette. “What did you do?”
“I thought you said I wasn't supposed to bother you with my ridiculous pining love.”
“I need some comedy in my life,” Shikamaru said. “Tell me.”
Harry hesitated for a brief moment before he recounted the entire conversation word for word because he was desperate for some guidance.
“You told him you imagined taking him to the Uzumaki homeland,” Shikamaru said in between puffs of smoke. “You might as well have asked for his hand in marriage.”
Harry groaned with realization.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- 

This isn't exactly how I initially imagined Harry and Neji finally meeting up. And with this scenario I'm not completely sure how Neji is feeling at the moment- embarrassed? flattered but not interested? trying to get Harry to stop liking him?  

Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment