27 April 2017

There's Something about Neji: Random Scene

Here's Part 1. and Part 2 of this verse. 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 Neji opened his eyes to sterile white and bit back a groan at the pungent smell of chemicals as he sat up. He turned to the side, hoping for something to break the monotony of the room.

Unlike all of his previous stays at the hospital, his bedside table was empty.

“Looking for something?” Tenten asked. Seated on the visitor's chair, with bandages peeking out from her collar, she stared at him with knowing eyes.

Neji didn't reply. There was no point in trying to deny anything.

Tenten was always too sharp when it came to him. “It's not like you even thanked him for all the bouquets over the years,” Tenten said with a pointed look. “I certainly wouldn't bother sending you anything more no matter how injured you got.”

Neji turned his head back to the ceiling, so that he wouldn't have to see the empty bedside table or his unhelpful team-mate.

“You should be more honest, Neji,” Tenten said with a chiding tone. “Especially since he's more of a catch than you.”

Neji narrowed his eyes at her.

The door opened, breaking their staring contest.

Harii stood at the entrance, wide and concerned eyes darting around and calming only when they landed on Neji.

Shooting Neji a pointed look, Tenten stood, “It's about time I got back.”

When it was just the two of them, Harii hesitated at the door for a long moment before he finally came in and sat down. Dust over his rumpled clothes and a general air of weariness didn't dim the colour Harii brought into Neji's hospital room.

“You weren't in Konoha.”

“I just got back. Hanabi was waiting for me at the gate,” Harii said, absently combing through his wild hair. “She said you were at the hospital and injured seriously.”

“I'm fine,” Neji said.

Harii nodded. “I keep forgetting that your family has the best poker faces around. She sounded so serious that I didn't even stop at the florist.”

Family, not clan. Had he always said things like that?

“Well, I'm glad you're okay,” Harii stood, his eyes still kind despite Neji's silence. “I'll let you get some rest.”

Neji decided to take Tenten's advice. “Will you still show me Redpool?”

Harii's hand slipped off the door as he turned, green eyes wide. “Neji... did you hit your head?”

Neji glanced down at his bandaged hands, knowing he'd taken took long to change things between them. It had been years since Harii had first revealed his feelings.

“Do you even need to ask?” Harii said. “I'll take you anywhere you want.”

Neji smiled, feeling much lighter than he had felt in a long time.

The visitor's chair screeched back as Harii stood. “I'm going to go get you some flowers.”

“I'd rather you stayed here,” Neji said. “Please.”

“Your smile is dangerous,” Harii sat back down, his green eyes fixed on Neji's lips as he pulled his chair closer to the bed.

Neji couldn't help but smile even wider.

“You know, your family isn't going to be happy,” Harii said with a serious tone, his eyes darting up to Neji's. “Last I heard, Naruto was the one who had bet on us getting together during this month. He's going to make a fortune from their bets.”

Neji blinked and chuckled. “I should have known you'd go against the expected norms. I don't know why I imagined you'd be more romantic when we actually settled things.”

“You imagined confessing to me?” Harii asked, a tone of wonder in his words.

Neji turned, ready to protest that he'd done no such thing, only for chapped lips to press against his. As a heady warmth enveloped him, Neji wished he had settled things much earlier.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
A random scene that maybe happens some time far in the future for this verse. I just wanted to try writing some sort of romance-ish scene

But despite my best efforts, I just ended up with this sappy and rather blah-ish mess.

 Polar

No comments:

Post a Comment